A lot of us are concerned with the size of our biceps or the girth of our waist. Having a fit body is important. However, keeping your mind in shape is critical to enjoying your life at the highest level. Give your brain the attention it deserves.
Keep your mind healthy, active, and in shape with these strategies:
At Altitude Busienss Solutions we help small business owners get clear on what it is that they want out of their business and uncover where their pain points, worries and fears are, particularly in using digital technology. We do that by offering workshops, webinars and one to one sessions that help small business to grow and gives them the support they need. If this sounds like something you would be interested in give us a call today to discuss further 0419 183 451
It’s much easier to plan your budget, savings, and retirement when your income is consistent. If you’re paid on commission or own your own business, it can be significantly more challenging to save regularly for your retirement. Strategies that work for most might not apply when you’re working for yourself.
Try these strategies to build your retirement savings even if your income changes from day to day:
Building a retirement fund sounds great, but without a good budget, you’ll find that most often, there’s nothing to save.
Learn how to create a budget, even with inconsistent income:
Get started immediately on your budgeting and savings plan. When you’re self-employed, there’s rarely time to waste. If money is tight, these may be challenging activities. But when you put the proper foundation in place, you’ll greatly increase the likelihood of experiencing an abundant retirement.
Life is fast moving and complicated. There’s a lot you can do to simplify your life and still get more accomplished. There’s a seemingly endless supply of “hacks” online. There are hacks for work, your love life, exercise, and everything else under the sun. Getting through all of the hacks requires a hack of its own.
Keep things simple and focus on a few powerful strategies:
Try out these seven hacks and see how they impact your life. What other hacks could you add? Consider where you seem to waste the most time. This is a prime area for developing a hack of your own. Keep your life simple and it will be easier to get through the day with a feeling of accomplishment.
Gone are the days where you business can successfully grow without a website. And for those of you thinking that everything has moved to social media, well that's a blog for another time. In today's business world having your own website means you can transact across the glob and also give you a quick and easy point of reference of your business for your customers.
Here are five essentials every business website should include:
1. A powerful home page
Your website’s home page is the first impression you give the online world about your business: It is a representation of you and your business and it's so important that its easy to use and has all the elements expected. It should clearly communicate your business’s brand image through appealing visuals and copy, along with:
Now that at least 68 percent of Americans own smartphones, according to Pew Research Center, your website should also include responsive design features that ensure it’s as easy to view and navigate on smaller screens as traditional desktop computer orientations.
2. User-friendly navigationWhether your navigation menu expands across the top of your site or in a sidebar, it must be easy for site visitors to locate, and should include logical categories that make it simple for site users to find the information they seek. According to an infographic, poor navigation is the No. 1 reason people abandon a website they’ve visited.
Consider how you can best structure your navigation menu and the categories (and possibly, subcategories) it will contain based on common questions a new customer to your business might ask. For example:
3. Search featuresInclude a search box feature in addition to your site navigation menu so customers can type keywords or phrases to find the information they need when the navigation menu doesn’t meet their needs. When customers type content into the search box, they’ll be presented with relevant pages to visit, so they don’t have to handle their search manually. (The more content you have on your site that addresses all possible keywords, the more beneficial the search box feature becomes.)
4. Access to helpDespite the marketing benefits that a website offers small businesses and online customers, there are times when customers want to connect with a human. Your website should include the option to connect via phone, email and at your physical location, if you have one. Amazingly, Social Media Today reports that 93 percent of small businesses do not publish an email address that customers can use to contact them.
5. FAQ pageThe more you engage with customers online and off, the more you’ll sense patterns in the types of information customers seek, and the questions that arise in regards to your products or services. Offer a page of frequently asked questions and their answers on your site to make it easier for customers to find the detailed information they need.
A small business website is an affordable and effective way to expand your online reach and potential to market to prospects and customers. Yet it needs a few critical elements to make a positive impression. Incorporate these five important website elements into your site to build an online presence that brings customers directly to your business, no matter where they’re located.
*blog courtsey of entrepreneur asic pacific
1. 17hats - So much more than a CRM system
CRM = Customer Relationship Manager, and if you are in a service or sales based industry we're sorry you need one and now. If you've been considering a CRM system but have been bamboozed by the choice that is out there then you are not alone. We had to look in every dark corner of the internet and were so pleasantly surprised to come across 17hats.
Main features of 17hats are:
In our experience we couldn't live without 17hats and it has totally change the way we do business. It combines so many different platforms in one it cut our subscriptions down and saved us money. Now that's all well and good I hear you say but what is the cost? well it starts from just $395USD for 2 years it represents amazing value, best thing is with the link below you can try it yourself for free an use the same link to get 10% discount at checkout. Winning!
Keep an eye on our Live Webinars as we regularly have a session on 17hats. CLICK HERE to see our upcoming webinars
2. Zoom - Video Conferencing
The ideal way to stay in touch with your clients and your staff, once you get over seeing yourself on the screen or your fear of the camera you are right to go. Zoom is a cloud-based and highly scalable video and web conferencing software that allows users to carry out online meetings, file sharing, webinars, and group messaging. The platform is ideal for any company regardless of size. Zoom makes use of high-quality video and audio for an immersive interaction and screen-sharing experience. This robust software is capable of combining meetings online, cloud-based video conferencing, group messaging, and sharing content wirelessly in one convenient place. Through Zoom, users are given the option to connect to more than one conference room, include more attendees remotely, and conduct face-to-face meetings with a single mouse click.
Main features of Zoom are:
3. Trello- Project Management with a twist
Ahhh Trello, where do we start? If you run a team of any sort or are looking for a project managemet program then get ready to fall in love. Infact we could rave on all day about this amazing tool, but we won't here's the list instead.
Main features of Trello are:
CLICK HERE to see our upcoming webinars
4. Calendly - Sends text reminders to your appointments
For those of you who already have a CRM system and are looking for a fantastic scheduling tool then this is the one for you. Not only is this scheduling platform so easy to use it sends automatic text messages and emails to your clients reminding them of your meeting.
Main features of Calendly are:
E-mail is not dead.... I reapeat E-mail is not dead. With that being said over 50% of small business owners have either given e-mail the flick or just can't be bothered, that's where MailChimp comes in. With over 90% of it's users saying they would reccomend it we will let the list of features do the talking.
Main features of MailChimp are:
Volunteering can be a very rewarding experience for individuals and the communities they serve. By managing your volunteers well, you can make the most of their contributions. Here are some suggestions:
Preparing For Volunteers
1. Assess your organization. Recruiting volunteers always sounds like a good idea. Before you do, be sure to thoroughly review whether your organization can offer an experience that will benefit both you and your potential supporters. Identify appropriate tasks. Ensure you can provide adequate support and supervision.
2. Conduct interviews. Matching the right candidate with the right role is essential. Talk with people about their skills and what they want to do. Someone who works in information technology may want to provide computer services. Or they may want a chance to branch out and do something completely different, like work with children.
3. Hold an orientation. Welcome new volunteers with a comprehensive orientation. Brief them on the mission, history, and services of your organization. Take them on a tour of your facilities and the area where they'll be working.
4. Provide training. Get off to a good start by offering instruction for the specific tasks that the volunteers will be doing. Experienced volunteers can be a great asset for inspiring newcomers and providing guidance. Complement your training sessions with manuals that volunteers can keep or refer to online.
Working With Volunteers
1. Sign a written agreement with detailed position descriptions. Put your expectations for volunteers and the organization into writing. It will help everyone stay on track and accomplish what they set out to do.
2. Integrate volunteers into the organization. Ensure that volunteers feel like they're a valued part of the team. Introduce them to the staff. Invite them to meetings and encourage them to report on their work. Where appropriate, many volunteers will enjoy having direct contact with the people or animals that your organization serves.
3. Coordinate. Online scheduling tools make a coordinator's work much easier. Post your volunteer opportunities online so your constituents can view them whenever they want. Track the number of people who sign up so you'll be prepared to make good use of their time.
4. Evaluate. Develop procedures to give and get feedback from your volunteers. It will help improve your program over time. Plus, it's one more way to demonstrate your
Are you tired of yo-yo dieting and weight loss books that contradict each other? Intuitive eating may be the strategy you need to teach you how to love your body and your food.
Intuitive eating is based on listening to your body so it can guide you in making food choices. The term is often associated with a 1995 book by the same name, but the concepts are much older and widespread.
Studies show that following your inner cues can enhance your mental and physical health. However, the process can be confusing if you’re unsure about where to begin. Learn how to separate fact from fiction when it comes to intuitive eating.
Myths about Intuitive Eating:
Recognize True Hunger:
Other Truths about Intuitive Eating:
Create a more positive body image and eat the foods you love without feeling any guilt. Intuitive eating is more fun than any restrictive diet and helps you to develop healthy habits that you can practice for the rest of your life.
What do you need to be happy? Is it a big house? A great career? The freedom to do whatever you want? Of course, the requirements for happiness will vary from one person to another.
However, there are many things common to most happy people. Since we all want to be happy, researchers have been busy on the topic.
Opinions vary, but these things are likely to add to your happiness:
Happiness seems to be elusive. You can’t just acquire happiness the way you would a slim waistline or a Bentley. Happiness arises from other things and situations. Think about what you need to be happy and make it happen!
Do you feel like you have so much to do and not enough time to get everything done? When your life gets crazy, you can't let the busyness take over your mind. You need to put yourself first to maintain your mental health.
Here are eight tips for keeping a clear mind:
Remember that you're not alone. If you need to talk to someone else about your busy life, reach out to positive people in your life who truly care about you. Sometimes, just talking may help you to clear your mind of everything.
Try these ideas and begin to experience the peace you deserve today!
Many of us get seem almost programmed to sleep late. But there's a lot to be said for getting up early. You never again have to worry about being late for work. You have some time to get things accomplished before everyone else gets up. Maybe this can even be that ever elusive "me" time.
But can you really turn yourself into an early riser if you've always been a night owl? Of course! This will require a little time and effort; any routine is hard to break. Habits that you've been following for many years tend to be even more challenging to alter, but humans are adaptable creatures. You can always teach yourself new ways to do things.
Here's a sure-fire process to change your sleep pattern quickly:
1. Figure out how much sleep you really need. Everyone has a unique number of hours they require to feel their best. For this example, let's pretend you need seven hours.
2. What time do you want to get up every day? In your perfect world, what time would you get up every morning? Maybe you want to get up at 5:00 am so you can go for a run or practice your guitar.
3. Pick your bedtime. Do the math. For our example, you would need to be asleep by 10:00 pm.
4. Stick to the schedule. Until you've made a habit out of your new hours, you're going to have to be strong. Using our example, you'd want to be in bed by 10:00 pm, no matter what. Now if you're used to going to bed at 2:00 am, you'll probably be lying there for a while, at least at first. You can also be sure that the alarm will not be a welcomed event.
5. No naps. Naps are okay if you normally take them. But don't start adding naps to your new schedule! Otherwise, you may not be tired at your new bedtime.
6. Optional: Forget all the above. Many have reported better luck with the following simplified plan: simply go to bed when you're tired, but always get up at the new wake-up time. At the very least, you'll avoid lying in bed for hours trying to fall asleep.
Regardless of which method you choose, hang in there! Although this will be challenging for about a week, you'll be a changed person.
And remember, developing any new habit will take some time. Even though you'll feel pretty good after a week, for the first month or so, you may find backsliding all too easy.
The early morning has much to offer that the late riser misses. You'll see things outside you don't normally see. Most wildlife tends to be more active at dawn. People are out walking their pets or jogging. Maybe you'll even find someone with whom you can take a nice walk every morning.
You can change any habit with a little commitment. Developing a new sleep schedule is no different. Follow either of the methods presented and you'll be an early riser in no time!